Jimmie Barnes Jr.
I’m a creative professional with over 17 years of experience. I enjoy the whole process of design. From research and ideation, to final mockups and final production products. I’m a self-motivated problem solver who wants to improve the consumer’s experience.
- College for Creative Studies
- BS of Fine Art Industrial Design – Product (1999-2003)
- St. Louis Community College at Florissant Valley
- Associates Degree Fine Arts – Honors (1997-1999)
- Garmin International – Olathe, Kansas
- Industrial Designer II – Aviation
- 2012 to (Present)
- Designing panel mounted units (Avionics) and various products for pilots that can be used in both airplanes and helicopters.
- Hopkins Manufacturing – Emporia, Kansas
- Industrial Designer – Automotive
- (2005 to 2012)
- Designed automotive accessaries. Mostly ice scrapers and brake controllers for cars, trucks, and RVs.
- Ameriwood Industries – Wright City, Missouri
- Industrial Designer – Furniture
- (2003 to 2004)
- Designed RTA (Ready to Assemble furniture) for sale at retail stores including; Walmart, Target, and Office Max.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Suite, Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot, Cintiq tablet, Corel Draw, 2D sketching, and 3D modeling for 3D printing/prototyping.
“Official Resume available upon request”.